17 Feb This Easy Step Can Help You Grow FAST On Social Media…
By: Sophia Kiefer (Social Media Manager)
Engaging with other accounts on social media can be valuable to growing your brand or business. Today, we are going to be discussing the benefits of social media engagement, as well as the daily/weekly steps you should take when engaging with other accounts on social media.
Hootsuite says it best: “You should be treating social media engagement like a dinner party, welcoming people and encouraging conversations between the host and the guests.”
So, what does engagement on social media look like?
There are quite a few ways to go about engaging on social media, including liking a post, commenting, sending a direct message, clicking a link, or retweeting another account’s post.
What are the benefits of social media engagement?
- Engagement can help grow your brand’s reach & reputation – For every account you engage with, that is a new account that is seeing your content and being exposed to your business. This simple exposure can help form new connections which can start new conversations, ultimately helping with business growth.
- Engagement helps build trust within a brand – The more that people are seeing your brand pop up online and on pages that they frequent, the more likely they are to remember your name and contact you for any future needs.
- Engagement can help grow your referral business – As mentioned above, engagement on social media can help you connect with new leads for your business.This can also hold true for referral business! If you build a positive repertoire with one customer, they are way more likely to refer you to a family member or friend if they have similar needs.
What steps should you take on a daily/weekly basis to engage on social media?
- Take time each week to engage on accounts of those with a similar niche.
- Comment meaningful responses on other customer’s or potential future partner’s posts. (Key word being meaningful!! Avoid commenting something that is generic or without value, like “Love this!” or “Great post!” What can you add to the comments section to get a new conversation going to provide valuable input?)
- Encourage user-generated content (UGC) to collaborate with others on your own pages.
- Optimize your feed-posted content on your stories. (How can you provide more “behind the scenes” or personalized content to your followers in order to increase engagement?)
- Save posts that are relevant to your industry or could be helpful for research purposes.
- Optimize your hashtags! More specific hashtags can help you reach a more specific audience.
Have questions or want to learn more about how you get started with social media marketing for your brand or business? Connect with our social team today!