16 Dec 2023 Social Media Preview
By: Sophia Kiefer (Social Media Manager)
2022 is rapidly coming to a close, which means a new year will be upon us. A new year does not only bring goal-setting and resets – it also brings new themes, ideas, and trends in terms of social media.
So what can we expect to see more or less of on socials, moving into 2023? Let’s break it down…
- Video Content Will Continue to Flourish. It is no secret that 2022 was the year of video. With TikTok exponentially growing its reach and apps like Instagram and YouTube changing their algorithms to favor video content, 2022 proved that still images are no longer the primary way to grow your reach on social media.
- A Tougher Verification Process. Apps like Facebook and Twitter have previously implemented processes to deflect bots and verify that accounts on their apps are legitimate. In 2023, users should expect these processes to become even more aggressive as a means to help promote better cybersecurity online.
- Longer Tweets…Finally! Elon Musk, Twitter’s CEO, has hinted at the fact that the app may be receiving an upgrade to allow users to create longer posts on the app. This change could help diversify the types of posts that are allowed (including longer video posts!)
- More Opportunities for Small Businesses. With the current economic state of our country, we have been seeing larger businesses decrease their budgets for marketing and take a step back. This trend will open the door for more small businesses to step in and take their place, having more opportunities to connect and collaborate with smaller influencers on social media.
- User-Generated Content Will Become More Prevalent. The use of user-generated content, or UGC, on social media platforms has become a growing resource for brands and businesses. Whether that be in the form of a review, unboxing, or tutorial, UGC can be a great way to provide a more “humanized” perspective to a brand. It can also allow those new to the brand to get a better look into the pros and cons of the product or service.
Looking to level up YOUR business’s social strategy in 2023? Connect with us today to learn how our social team can help!